1. Tomorrow, Saturday 6th August is The Feast of the Transfiguration. There will be Mass at 9 am for the Feast.
2. BACH AT TWILIGHT Charles Matthews, Director of Music and organist at St. Catharine’s, Chipping Campden, GL55 6DZ, is performing a series of organ recitals on Wednesday evenings this month at 9 pm: 10th, 17th and 24th August. Admission free. Strongly recommended.
3. THANKSGIVING SERVICE FOR THE RACEHORSE. Last year, parishioner and racehorse trainer RICHARD PHILLIPS promoted a National Week of the Racehorse, during which many racehorse trainers opened their yards to the public in order to demonstrate the wonderful care that horses receive. Richard is again opening his Adlestrop Stables, GL56 0YN, on Sunday 11th September, and, as last year, there will be an Ecumenical Service of Thanksgiving for the racehorse at the yard at 11 am.
4. A NIGHT OF SHAMROCK CRAIC AND FIDDLE. Advanced warning of this fund raising evening on 4th November which will be held at Stow Rugby Club to raise money for Kate’s Home Nursing and for our new North Cotswold Conference of the Vincent de Paul Society. Please make a diary note.
5. I am due into hospital next Thursday 11th August for a hernia operation, so there will be no Mass on Thursday 11th, and Friday 12th August nor during the week 15th-19th August. Weekend Masses are not affected.
6. Some of you will know Veronica Hands, from Chipping Campden, who died last Wednesday. Her Funeral Requiem will be held at 12 noon at St. Catharine’s, Chipping Camdpen, at 12 noon.
Fr. Stephen 5th August.